| Rescue Bunnies must have good balancing skills |
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Rescue Bunnies- Doreen Cronin
Doreen Cronin is one of my favorite Children's authors. When my youngest was little, we loved reading Diary of a Worm together and got so excited when she added to the series with Diary of a Spider and Diary of a Fly. Other favs like Click, Clack, Moo and Duck for President are now modern day classics for early elementary students. When Doreen's new book Rescue Bunnies came out recently, I couldn't wait to read it and share it with my students.
Although this is not my favorite Cronin book, I thought it went nicely with the Fire Safety Unit our Kindergartners were going through in their own classrooms. I am not sure how much they enjoyed this book. I didn't get the sense that it would stick in their minds long after we were together in library. But we did try our own Rescue Bunnies activity at the end. This went ok...but again, not my most stellar lesson with them. Probably won't revisit this one again for next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment