| Adding his own rendition of Sushi to the fishbowl |
| Oh! How we love our sweet Sushi! |
Keeping their feelings for him in mind, I ran across a new book by Devin Scillian entitled Memoirs of a Goldfish. Illustrations by Tim Bowers are fantastic and bring personality to an otherwise typically dull pet. This book brought to light the thoughts and feelings Sushi might have if he actually had a voice to express them. An all around fun book but even more meaningful because of our relationship with our library fish.
To carry the story further with second grade, I found an Ellison cut out of a fish bowl. Students created their own memoirs of their beloved Sushi within the fish bowl. These turned out so cute! I loved seeing the various ways they drew him and the stuff they included in his bowl. In the words of avid fishermen, this lesson was a "keeper."

No comments:
Post a Comment