It's a given. Everybody knows your first year of teaching a new subject is bound to be filled with peaks and valleys, sprinkled with experimentation here and there. One aspect of my job that is particularly challenging for me is a new addition to our elementary library objectives this year. We are incorporating computer skills and technology with our 5th and 6th graders during their library time. While I love my mac, I don't feel like I am a computer expert. So, I am stretching myself here. That's a good thing.
 |
| Who knew learning internet vocab could be so much fun? |
This week, I created an internet game that did not require using the computer. Strange some might say. But I actually thought students might learn and have more educational fun together if we went this route instead. Here's how it worked:
 |
| Hmmm....should we match this one? |
I found some internet vocabulary words that pertained to safety on the internet. I printed them off on cardstock and had students partner together to match the vocabulary words with their definitions. It produced some valuable conversations as we walked through the meaning of each of the words I gave them.
 |
| These guys worked to match 100% correct |
You don't always know what will work. There will be moments of tweaking and changing. That's perfectly alright....because I LOVE MY JOB!
No comments:
Post a Comment